Often when people talk about the history museum are refered only to the one situated in the Plaça del Rei, in which you can visit the ruins of the ancient Roman city and the remains of medieval Barcelona.
The History museum has grown along its history, integrating other areas of the city, forming a museum's group dispersed throughout the city of Barcelona.
These new venues are covering the whole history of the city in a much more comprehensive and enlightening way .
Here you are the details of the most interesting venues forming part of this museum:
- Barcelona's History museum ( Plaça del Rei )
- Gaudi House Museum ( in Park Guell )
- Museum - Monastery of Pedralbes ( in the district of Pedralbes )
- Call interpretive center (in the old Jewish quarter )
- 307 air-raid shelter ( in the neighborhood of Poble Sec)